Thursday, February 15, 2007

Peanut butter and other stuff

Have you heard about the recall on peanut butter? Well it seems that peter pan brand has cause some people to get sick. Check you lids and if it has a numbered code that starts with 2111 throw it away. Of course you all know how my luck is..Yep you guessed it. I have a jar, half empty. Thankfully it didn't make me sick. I'm throwing it away.
I don't eat peanut butter often. Matter of fact it is the last thing I eat just before starvation sets in. I practically lived off of peanut butter for about six weeks when my ex and I split up. I was living in a motel and it took every penny just to pay the rent there each week. I swore once I got out of there an in my own place I would never eat peanut butter again. I've ate maybe two jars since then over the years. My husband on the other hand loves the stuff. He is ok too, unless you count the cold he has. He has been sick with one for about four days now. I don't know about you other ladies, but when mine gets sick he turns into Super baby. Talk about helpless. I won't go into it, because that is another entire blog post in itself. Lets just say if he isn't well soon. I'm going to roll him in duct tape and throw him in the river somewhere (just kidding). On the serious side, he is a bit of a pain. We did manage to have a ok Valentines day. He gave me a dozen long stem red roses and a card, and I got him a card and after shave.

My daughter got a ring from her boyfriend. They are calling it a "promise" ring, but it is a 1/2 caret diamond Marquise with baguettes and chips. It's gorgeous and I am jealous, I wish I had a promise like that. I can't even begin to sing enough praises for the boyfriend. He is a keeper that is for sure.

In other news I have the blahs. Winter does this to me every year. I have just been working, coming home, reading the blogs and sleeping. Ive been shopping a bit, but life is dull right now (which is good!)
Anyway that is about it on the home front for me..How is everyone else's week going?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Penguin said...

On PB, I can't eat it, but I love it. Husband eats lots of it. Thankfully, we only buy generic and it was not one of the batch. So sorry you had some. Glad you are not sick.

On promise rings, that sounds lovely. Sounds as if your daughter is making smart choices and taking her time. But, damn, what a promise!

On the blahs, I'm lucky this year - other bad stuff has happened so I'm not suffering. You , on the other hand, need to go to the ocean or something. Don't fret - you will have song birds sooner than you think!

February 16, 2007 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check when I get home.

February 16, 2007 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i love peanut butter...thanks to nitwit..i now eat it in my oatmeal with sugarless blackberry jam....it's fucking fantastic..ha..
it's supposed to be in 70's by tuesday..can't wait..

February 17, 2007 at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home