Sunday, May 20, 2007

Chit Chat

It's been one of those weeks where I feel like I have done nothing with my time but go to work, come home, eat and sleep. The first of the week started off with my husbands old junk of a car breaking down. The main belt on it broke and once we got it towed in to a station we got a quote of a hundred bucks to fix it. Ok that wasn't to bad, but then when they went to change it something else was wrong which raised the price and then a third thing was broken. Long story short we are $300.00 poorer. So much for having extra money to spend on our vacation next week. The car still isn't ready, so we are playing car tag getting back and forth to work. Thankfully my ex and my daughter have been able to drive me or pick me up since my husband and I work different hours and go in different directions to work. Oh well, it seems when it rains it pours. We are still planning on camping next week, but probably won't get to do as much as we first planned while in the mountains. The safari trip is still a go though. We know for sure we want to do that. We will probably just spent a bit more time in the campground taking advantage of the stuff they offer.
Work is going ok. Last weekend was my three days off so I had to work this week and weekend. Sunday's aren't to bad, we don't go in until almost 11 and I'm off at 6 with a paid half hour break. When I got home tonight, my husband and I grabbed the dog and headed to the park for a picnic. Newport News Park is my favorite and I love spending time there just relaxing. If you have read my blog for any length of time you have probably seen photos of it that I have posted. Tonight just as we arrived the game warden was feeding the wild deer.





I've only been there one other time when they were this close. Aren't they beautiful!
We watched them awhile and then took a little walk down by the water.
Look what was there waiting for us!

This beautiful Blue Heron.

We watched him awhile then
We crossed the bridge

and went to the trails.
As you can see it is a bit swampy on that side.

It was soon getting dark, so we headed home.
Well, that was my week.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Nice pictures...I hope your week is a prosperous one!!
:)

May 21, 2007 at 7:34 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh wow, that park looks fascinating and what luck you were able to see so many deer all at once! I would be there all the time:-) I just love places like that! I do hope your week goes better this week and that you get some time to relax!! xox

May 21, 2007 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Look at all those deer! Wow!

May 21, 2007 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

You are so lucky to live so near to a place like that!

May 22, 2007 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Wow what wonderful things you got to photograph! The deer are beautiful

May 22, 2007 at 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home