Saturday, May 26, 2007

Rocks


Just a few more days now until we leave on our camping trip.We are getting excited. Most of the supplies have been bought and tomorrow I will start to pack things. I keep finding fun things in the area to do. One of them is rock hunting. There is suppose to be one of those areas where you buy a bag of dirt with rocks/gemstones in it and you get to keep everything you find when you wash the dirt away. I think that will be fun. We did that once when my kids were little and my ex and I lived in Tennessee and visited Rock City. As you know already I love rocks The photo is some of my collection. I keep most of my rocks in a glass container, but once in awhile I will take them out, cleanse them and hold one or two in my hand. I also have several pendants made from gemstone rocks. I can't wait to see what little treaseures we find.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

we're going to the Smokies next month...I'm going to look and see if they have a place simular, which surely they do!
I'm a kindred spirit in the rock department...I've loved them since a little gal! ;)

May 27, 2007 at 7:23 AM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Oooh, sounds like fun. Let us know what you find.
Take care, Meow

May 27, 2007 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Anytime I'm travelling to anywhere, I always do searches first online to see if there is anything of interest to do...then you look forward to your trip even more:-) Rock hunting sounds like sooo much fun and I hope you find some treasured stones in between the sand!! xox

May 27, 2007 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Penguin said...

You and Jessica would get along splendidly! She, too, is a rock hound. For her, tho, the uglier the better. She said it is because they have had hard lives and now need to rest.

Have fun on your trip!

May 27, 2007 at 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home