Thursday, July 5, 2007

Family LIfe

In my last post I showed off a couple of family photos and got some really nice comments on them. I wanted to take a minute and repsond here. Explaining a bit more about my ex and myself.
We were married for 25 years before we divorced, and to be honest the only reason we did was I had a mental break down. I was severally depressed and unhappy. Living in Tennessee away from my family and friends. I won't go into all the details as I feel those don't need to be rehashed again, but the final result was me leaving and meeting the man I am married to now.

It has taken a lot of years (and a lot of tears) for my ex and I to reach a point where we are friends again.. Now we are really good friends. We love each other as "family". A lot of people find it hard to understand our relationship but there is nothing we wouldn't do for each other or the kdis and grandkids. We see each other every day. Most of the meals are cooked at his house, some by me some by him. We all eat together as a family...my daughter her son..her boyfriend if he is off..my hubby and myself. Some times we all go places together and we still enjoy each others company. He has a lady friend who visits on weekend. She isn't real keen on our "blended family", but she tolerates it. She cares deeply for my ex, so we all make the best of things. There is no sexual involvement just deep love and caring and I feel truly blessed. The children and grandchild also get the best of both words. My ex is not in good health and in all reality probably won't live to see my grandson grow up. Of course none of know when our days are up, so I could go first. Life is funny that way. I just want to leave the best memories I can for those that follow me. I hope that makes sense
Have a blessed Day

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I think it is good that ya'll all get along...it is far better than the other!
:)
PS...this is EB with a new name ;)

July 5, 2007 at 4:35 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I always loved your story.

July 5, 2007 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I think it is absolutely wonderful that your blended family works for you. I am glad there is still love and respect between you and your ex.

Julie

July 5, 2007 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

I think whatever works for your family Autumn, works. I like that it is unconventional and caring, that's the most important part. How many parents are together but don't care about each other? You two obvious are connected which is wonderful in your own unique way.

July 5, 2007 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

You are a truly special person, Autumn. Your whole family is blessed to have you as part of it.
have a wonderful weekend! full of all kinds of magickal things xo

July 6, 2007 at 12:55 AM  
Blogger Kim Campbell said...

I think that is wonderful, Autumn!

July 6, 2007 at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home