Friday, February 1, 2008

Brigid

Brigid, gold-red woman,
Brigid, flame and honeycomb,
Brigid, sun of womanhood,
Brigid, lead me home.

You are a branch in blossom.
You are a sheltering dome.
You are my bright precious freedom.
Brigid, lead me home.
~Irish Prayer To The Goddess

Celtic Ireland celebrated the power of fire in the depths of winter. This may seem a contradictory idea, but in fact we most crave what we miss most. We do not crave air unless we are drowning; we do not crave water when we are not thirsty. Our need for the warmth the fire goddess Bigid brings is strongest when the sun is wan and weak, when the nights seem long and the days all too short.

Within ourselves, too, we strive for balance. When we find ourselves isolated, we seek company; when we have been too much with others, we withdraw. Our inner compass is a sure one, one that can bring us to what we need. Learning to trust and to follow its movements is one of life's deepest lessons.
)0(
By Patricia Monaghan - From " The Goddess Companion" and GrannyMoon's Morning Feast

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Bovey Belle said...

You have a fascinating blog. I followed my friend Leanne's link this morning. I shall look at my cauldron by the stove this morning, and start wondering . . .

February 1, 2008 at 2:47 AM  
Blogger Leanne said...

Morning Autumn! (well it is here anyway!) Fabulous posts about Imbolc, a great read as usual. I have put a link to you on my Imbolc post, as you have written about everything I was going to say today already!

Bright blessings to you for Imbolc, love and light from Leanne x

February 1, 2008 at 2:58 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Welcome Bovey Belle, and thanks Leanne...Your welcome to copy anything I have here for your blog. I didn't write any of it. I have a book of shadows I keep in a folder on the computer and when I see something of interest on the Internet I copy it into it. That is where all of this came from. The only thing that is orginial is the photos of the besome. They are my personal collection.

February 1, 2008 at 10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Imbolg to you! I love your latest blog color combination too!

February 1, 2008 at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home