Sunday, February 3, 2008

Studying

About five years ago I took a Practical Magic Class with a local teacher. Although it took me the traditional year and a day to complete it it did not initiate
me to any type of degree as far as Wicca or Witchcraft is concerned. I had always intended to go back to my teacher and take some private classes to progress in my learning, but time got away from me, my grandson was born, I moved and I went back to work full time. Whew...Anyway there were just not enough hours in the day. I knew my interest was only on hold so I signed up a couple of years ago at Witch School. I have heard some good and bad about the online school, but I have always felt like I learn from them, so I keep renewing my membership. This year when it is time to renew I plan on paying the lifetime membership. There is a lot of classes I want to take but just can't seem to find the time. However I do hold a 1st degree in Correllian Wicca having completed it last August. I started my lessons in 2nd degree last night (Imbolc). Since that is the first Sabbath of the Wiccan year, I felt it was a good time to begin. It will take me approximately a year to complete this class. Once the lessons are read you have to wait 30 days to take the test. There are twelve lessons, so if you stay focused that is one a month for the full year. It seems like I have been studying for a long time to be a solitary (meaning I do not belong to a Coven).
Anyway this next year should be fun and challenging. I will let you know how it goes.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Willow Goldentree said...

Good luck. :)

February 3, 2008 at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home