Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tell it to the judge

As you may know I work retail in a large department store in the mall. Last week word came down from the gossip hot-line that a 97 year old woman had been arrest for shop lifting. This was her FOURTH time in our store. Th first time was when she was 94.

I am not sure of the time line exactly but I do know
The first time she got a slap on the wrist and was told she could not come back in the store again.
The second time she got banned from the store and from the mall.
The third time they took her to court. It was almost Christmas. The judge actually shammed the security guard from our store and the mall for trying to send her to jail for Christmas. He let her off.

This time the mall has refused to get involved. Our man is own his own and dreading already facing the same judge. He knows they won't do anything.

So what is the lesson here. Well if you need new clothes, just find someones great grandmother to steal them and send her here. Jeez!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

It sounds to me like she enjoys the attention and thrill. How odd! In my nightmares I steal by accident, LOL. I can't imagine doing this sort of thing and coming back for more punishment, which they don't even enforce!

April 1, 2008 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my journal :) (http://mystic_lady.bravejournal.com)

That old lady sounds like she needs to get more than just a slap on the wrist- no matter her age. Apparently, she's not too old to learn that what she's doing is just wrong. *tsk tsk* on the judge and on the mall.. *tsk*

As someone else said, it does sound like she enjoys the attention.

Hope you have a wonderful day and week. :)

April 1, 2008 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hi Autumn:-)

I'm finally back to regular blogging...isn't it amazing how having company for a week and then going away for a few days can really mess up your regular routine??? hehe

Thank you so much for your best wishes on my finding out that I will be a grandma...I can't tell you enough how absolutely thrilled I am:-)

I find your post interesting....it's so true, just because a person is elderly doesn't mean they're innocent and judges shouldn't be letting them off so easily!!

April 1, 2008 at 4:10 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

LOL! That is hilarious!

April 1, 2008 at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home