Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Making It a reality

I spent a good part of my afternoon looking on line for the best deals for camping in Gettysburg. Several places offered a book a night get a night free special, but they want the money up front a long with a huge deposit and you have to forfeit a certain percent if you don't come etc. ect. Finally I ran across this one At just $57 a night and a $30. deposit I jumped on it. The best part is, it is only 1/2 mile from the battlefield. This was a big perk since gas is so high.

Oh I forgot to mention...My husband and I are planning this trip ALONE. As much as I would like my daughter and grandson to come we really wanted to take a few days for ourselves. She really isn't into the history or the ghost as much as I am so I think she would be bored. Besides in early Oct. she has a trip planned with her dad and his girlfriend to go to the mountains here in Virginia, so she doesn't mind.

Anyway I am really excited and September can't come fast enough for me. If anyone knows of anything free/cheap to do in the area other than the battlefields let me know. I'm sure you all will be hearing more about this trip both on this blog and on my paranormal blog as the time gets closer.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning from Mississippi! Hope you have a great week. Keep up the good work here! Glad you found it. What does hubby say?

July 8, 2008 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Sounds scary but fun. I too have been seeking an early spring vacation.

July 8, 2008 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Nydia said...

It's great you managed to find something cheaper, Autumn! And a trip-for-two is the best part of it indeed! It's so important to have a time for yourselves, I'm sure you daughter will think the same! Hope September arrives asap, and meanwhile talk as much as you want about it, it's good following you up! :)
Kisses from Nyda.

PS: Just do't forget the ABC photo today!!! hehehe

July 9, 2008 at 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home