Thursday, July 3, 2008

Berry picking time.

Yesterday I took my grandson to the children's farm and while we were there look what we found growing wild




Yummy blackberries. I was so excited. it was the first time my grandson had tasted them. Only a handful were ripe, but it was so much fun to watch him pick them and pop them into his mouth. After about the third one I had to laugh, he was chewing and saying yummy at the same time.
I was especially happy that I was the one who showed them to him and how to pick the ripe ones. When I was a child my grandpa use to take me out berry picking in the woods, and showing these to my own grandson gave me sweet memories. I know he is young, but I hope someday he remembers his first experience with blackberries was with me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home