Monday, October 20, 2008

Historic Home

Last month while I was in PA we took a side trip up to Amish Country and passed through the town of Abbottstown. This beautiful home caught my eye.



The house is 126 years old and has 24 rooms. It still has the original hand painted stained glass windows in the front doors and South American hardwood floors.
It was originally built in 1884 by William Hafer who was a local livestock farmer. The home cost$1 million dollars and was home to four generations before being sold to another family.
All I could do was drool and snap the photo.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger laoi gaul~williams said...

that is a gorgeous place indeed! i would love to be able to go in and look around~i am terrible for always wanting to do that!

October 21, 2008 at 4:58 AM  
Blogger Namnet said...

I am so in love with the houses like this one. I love this kind of architecture. Beautiful house.

October 21, 2008 at 5:01 PM  
Blogger Nydia said...

I love this kind of house!!! Gorgeous!

October 23, 2008 at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home