Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'm bored

Ugh,
This has been a long week and it is only Thursday. I have decide after only two weeks of working at the pet store that I am bored to tears. I like the job ok, but they don't have much business. I am a cashier so I am stuck standing around with nothing to do. I can walk away about 10 ft in each direction but I have to keep the register in view. This is driving me crazy. I am twiddling my thumbs. Sometimes a half hour will go by without anyone checking out. Of course like most retail stores the management wants us to find something to do so we are not just standing around getting paid for doing nothing. It makes for a long long day. I have a hard time finding something to do. I mean come on really just how many times a day can I push a package of dog treats back on the peg and then forward on the peg at the end of the counter to make it appear that I am not BORED!It is so bad that I am counting dog bones just to stay busy. I am really really BORED. Today I took the calendars that have pictures of dogs and cats on them out of the rack and alphabetized them and put them back. This is really bad. I need something to do. We don't even have music playing in the store. We are not suppose to stand around and talk with the other clerks. It is hard to just stand around. Did I mention I am B-O-R-E-D.

I am beginning to think maybe this job was a mistake. My daughter is beginning to think putting her son in day care was a mistake. She told me the other day that she would rather pay me what she pays them and just let me keep him again. Right now I need to keep the job because we are trying to get money together to move into a different unit in the apt. complex. I need a "real job" to show the rental agent so we can qualify. I may quit in a few months though. I really miss the baby and he isn't doing as well the last few weeks. He has a runny nose, and is not eating well for us. He cries and wants to go to bed early. I think he needs his mommy or his grandma or both.

I know if I go back to keeping him full time it will be a 24 hour a day job. His mommy just isn't ready to take on the responsibility of keeping him as much as she should and with her trying to work two jobs, she is tired and wants time to herself. I can understand, but I need time too. Only not quite as much..Anyone need dog food? My line is open.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

Zoe
As sneaky as you are I am sure you could steal mom's and use it on ebay lol

March 25, 2006 at 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home