Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Embracing the change in my life

I've been thinking lately about change. Funny how it comes when we lest expect it. I had been thinking for a long time about how I should change jobs. I knew that I was bored, because there was never enough to do to keep busy. In the back of my mind I knew business was slow, and that they really didn't need two people up front. Like most people though I let myself settle in and get to comfortable. To be honest I was to lazy and to insecure to go look for something else. I hate change. I am an old fuddy duddy at heart and really like nothing more than the same old routine everyday. I guess the universe had other ideas for me. Being told that my hours were cut to two days a week forced me in to doing what I probably should have done months ago. Look for something new. So here it is.
Today I will start a new job. I have to admit I am a bit nervous, but I am also a little excited. I know I will met new people, and experiece new situations. I am a believer in destiny and I know in my heart that my time with the pet store was suppose to be up. Looking back on it I know that what was suppose to happen for me there happened. Both my cats and my dog were adopted from shoppers that came in there. The funny part is that I never saw any of those people again once they placed the animal with me. I believe Maggie Molly and Lucy were meant for me and me for them. If I had not gone to work there I probably would not have adopted a pet. I know I wouldn't have adopted three...Hmmm on second thought maybe working there was not a smart idea (just kidding). Anyway life has changed again, and today I embrace it. This came in my email today as part of my horoscope. I guess it sums it all up.

AIR ELEMENT: Aquarius, Gemini, Libra

Change and more change! If you don't allow the change to

happen, the universe will take care of it for you.

Everything has its cycles, and you must let go of the old to

make room for the new. Stubborness and resistance to new

energies and perspectives can create personal blockages, and

pent-up issues will only erupt elsewhere, so give in to

nature's urgings gracefully and allow new vistas to unfold.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger dot said...

I always hated going on a new job! Hopefully, I'll never have to go on another. Good luck and hope it works out for you!

March 27, 2007 at 1:42 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Good luck in the new job. Love the marriage meme.

Just stumbled on your blog and I'll stumble along again if that's OK?

March 27, 2007 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

So glad you found a new job! Hope all goes well! I had to get a second job 3 years ago and it was aweful! I had to learn to run a register. I didn't think I could do it! I discovered it was good for my memory and now I work in the cash office. I guess it's good to get out of our comfort zone. Do you get a discount?

March 27, 2007 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

I wonder which sign you are? I am Aquarius and I am totally overwhelmed with the tiny changes being asked of me too. I have learned that it's best to not overbook but stay open to the little adventures here and there.

BTW, I will be putting my ready-made pendant and jewellery stuff up soon, I've just been overwhelmed with custom orders. Thanks for asking Autumn!

March 27, 2007 at 9:45 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

Suzie ask what sign I am. I am a libra, I need balance in my life and when things change it throws me off.

March 27, 2007 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I'm anxious to hear how your first day at work went? Like you, I also hate change and it always takes me a while to get adjusted to it. I'm a Libra too:-)

March 27, 2007 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

So very happy for you and your new job!! I spent way too much time at a Mall these past few days...lol!
:-D
PS...I have a new blog addy...just click the above link.

March 28, 2007 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

It terrifies me of looking for new work. I've done this for 11 years. I would like to meet some people though. Congrats on the new job and change!

March 28, 2007 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

In 1976 I left everything and moved a long way away and started over...and God blessed me with so much. Change can work for the good...if you let it. Bless you, my friend.

March 28, 2007 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home