Wednesday, April 11, 2007

witches and hippies oh my

Several weeks ago Robyn of STILL Wednesday's child hosted a Hippie Swap. My partner was Pepperlady and I received the following things from her. She sent a cute bottle to burn incense in and included two different kinds, Russian Amber and Musk. There were also some candles with a color chart, a black light groovy pack (little peace symbols and stuff)and she threw in a cute little dish towel with hot peppers on it.
A big thanks to Robyn for hosting and to Pepperlady for the groovy things.



Also a few days ago while visiting over at Turtleheart Cove I commented on a post of hers about her new kitchen witch. It reminded me of one I had bought last fall at a thrift store. I had forgot I promised her a photo of it until she reminded me. Here is mine.




I love the witch when I saw her. I think I paid less than five dollars for her. For some reason she reminded me of an old baba yaga type witch.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Turtleheart said...

Oh, I *LOVE* her! She's quite wonderful looking! Definitely a Baba Yaga type kitchen witch. What a great find! (Thanks for the pic!)

April 12, 2007 at 12:44 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I love doing these and the witch is awesome!

April 12, 2007 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I'm at a loss as to what a "kitchen witch" is...she looks hollow?? What do you do with her or is she just decoration?

April 12, 2007 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Kati said...

Yeah, she definitely looks more eastern european, or maybe even turkish than does Turtleheart's. Still very adorable, though!!!!

April 12, 2007 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Such a wonderful package you received from Peppy:-) I so enjoy those swaps...I didn't participate in that one, though, because I was already involved in a couple of other swaps at the time.

I love your kitchen witch!! I had one many years ago but one day a friend came over and fell in love with it so I gave it to her. Never did get myself another one!!

Take care:-) xox

April 12, 2007 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

She's the cutest kitchen witch! I just adore her, what a treasure.

Miss Robyn's hippie swap was such a great idea.

April 12, 2007 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

early bird..A kitchen witch is a good luck piece that goes in your kitchen. They are suppose to keep you from burning your food, and for general good luck. The most popular ones are doll like and riding on a broom. I think I have a photo of mine in my archives somewhere (check out my photos) The one in this photo is ceramic and I am guessing the holes you see would hold a wood spoon or something.

April 12, 2007 at 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home