Friday, June 1, 2007

Day one

Bright and early Tuesday morning we jumped into the car and headed to the mountains
We arrived shortly after noon at Yogi Bear Campground expecting to find a beautiful campground nestled in a wooded area with a nice pool, a playground, putt putt golf and fishing. What we found instead was a run down, dirt clods, bumpy roads, murky water, place. There was seriously not one nice site in the place. We were totally disgusted. Thankfully I remember that there was KOA nearby and went there instead.
There was no fishing but we did find a half way decent place to stay. It was still not as nice as we expected from the advertisement on line, but much much better than the first one so we settled on a site. They did have a nice pool and a game room. We were the only family with a tent in the section we stayed in, so we enjoyed the privacy. After we got the car unpacked and the tents put up, my daughter played awhile with my grandson, then we cooked our burgers and hotdogs and took a swim in the pool. Later that evening we light a fire and roasted marshmellows. I took a short walk enjoying the moon, and we slept really well in the fresh air.
Stay turned to the next post for day two.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I'm glad you found a nice spot...I loved the moon pic...I can never get a good one...and I could almost hear that fire snap and made me long to sit beside a fire...
:)

June 1, 2007 at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home