Friday, July 13, 2007

Chit chat, and stuff


My grand daughter turned four today. This photo is the closest thing I have to seeing her.
(we are not sure who the older girl is)
Her mom and my son separated when she was a baby and she lives on the west coast. I have never seen her except for photos. Thankfully my daughter in law does send them about twice a year. I think I have mentioned this before on this blog, but the hurt from wanting to see her always lies just under the surface. Yes I know I could go out west to see her but that cost money that I don't have. We would not only need round trip tickets, but a rent a car and a motel for a few days. I'm guessing that would be close to two thousand dollars. If I had that kind of money I would use it to put a down payment on a modular home (a fancy word for a mobile home). Speaking of has anyone taken a look at the mobile homes on the market? I did last week and I have to tell you that they are really beautiful. I also have to admit I have always been a bit of a snob when it came to living in one. It is not something that I thought I would ever consider. My mind has been changed, and I found that they are just as pretty as a condo or single family home. Several of them had a fire place, a jacuzzi tub his and her HUGE walk in closets along with big eat in kitchens with a real pantry. Laundry rooms and some with both a living room and family room. Most had 3-4 bedrooms and almost as many baths. The great part is that they sell for around fifty thousand dollars. The bad part is that due to us having a bad credit score we will probably have to put close to 10 percent down. They means about five thousand dollars. It might as well be five million. Were not sure if we can get a personal loan for that amount (due to the same lousy credit), and even if we did we don't know if we can afford a loan payment and a mortgage payment plus a payment for the lot rent in a mobile home park. Worst case scenario is we will have to wait three years for my husband to finish up paying child support on his youngest son who turns 16 in a couple of weeks. YEAH!! (every birthday brings us closer to getting out from under paying the wicked witch Five hundred bucks a month, Oh by the way she has a new trailer..Gee I'm glad ot know we bought her one...this is being sarcastic folks if you didn't catch that)
Anyway back to US buying a home. We know this is something we want to do because we have already been informed rent will go up AGAIN in the spring when our lease is up. This time to about 800.00 a month, and that is just to much for this dinky little apartment)
Oh well, maybe we will win the lottery, then I can visit my grand daughter and buy a home.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

$800 a month? For a one bedroom? My one bedroom with all bills paid was $530 a month. Things sure are different around the country. It is like you talking about living in a MH, makes me want to laugh because we live in tornado alley. It is too scary for those here.

July 16, 2007 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Happy "belated" birthday to your granddaughter.
I pray you get to see her in real life soon and that you get enough money to meet all of your needs!
((hugs))

July 16, 2007 at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home