Sunday, July 15, 2007

Look at all the goodies

You might remember several weeks ago me mentioning that I had signed up for a scavenger hunt at PepperLady's blog. My partner wasJaspenelle and I received her lovely package today. Here are the things she sent me

The hunt was a lot of fun, and I know I will enjoy all my goodies.

I also did a bit of thrift store shopping with my daughter today. We had been out to breakfast and stopped in early before everything was picked over
I managed to find this cute little magnet for refrigerator
It is a kitchen witch and is just perfect for me.

I found this rooster

He is made of tin, and this place above my bookshelf seemed to be waiting for him.

I also found several paper back books that look like they will be good reads.


The bargain of the day was the book on Celtic Women's Spirituality. It retails for $16.95 and I got it for $1.95! I was thrilled. I have had my eye on this book for a couple of years now but didn't want to pay full price for it. You better believe I snatched it up fast when I saw it. I rarely find any pagan books in the thrift stores so it made it all the more special.

Well that was my Saturday. I hope you enjoyed yours. I worked this afternoon and have to work again tomorrow, so this is a long weekend for me.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

gee, how lucky is that! all those yummy books - we never, ever have pagan or celtic books in thrift shops, we are lucky if we can buy them in normal bookstores. I want to read the Mists of Avalon.

July 15, 2007 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't believe I have every seen a pagan book at thrift store either.

Glad your package arrived. I'm planing to do a hunt for Mabon.

July 15, 2007 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

What luck, to find those books in a thrift store.
I love scavanging through thrift / op shops ... always interesting finds !!
Have a great week.
Take care, Meow

July 15, 2007 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

My to be read pile grows daily!!
Happy reading my friend!
:)

July 16, 2007 at 6:07 PM  
Blogger Tournesol said...

Great finds! I have read Witch Child, it is a great book! One of those that you start reading and can't stop until you finish it. It has a sequel too, Sorceress, or something like that, pretty good too.

July 17, 2007 at 4:06 AM  
Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I am reading the Mists of Avalon! AND ... I am loving it too much!!!
Read it as soon as you can! It's good, very good!

July 19, 2007 at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home