Saturday, November 29, 2008

Is It Over Yet

Oh my god I am in retail hell. The last two days have been horrid. Long lines, cranky people and one over tired ME. Both mornings at work have been super busy, and I honestly didn't see much that was on sale that I would have stood in line for.
I did manage to find two shirts for my own grandson on a morning special (at our store). One is of Spider man and the other of Wall-E (a robot). That finished up his gifts (I have toys already bought) and almost all of my holiday shopping.
My grand daughter is getting a toys r us gift certificate as I have no idea what she has or likes since her mother will not contact with me. I know what I am getting my niece and my daughter's boyfriend will also receive a gift certificate, since he is a pain in the butt and doesn't have much to do with the family anyway. My son will receive money (unless I find out he wants clothes) and my daughter got her gift early. I bought her a new jacket last week when we ran them on sale. My husband and I probably won't do anything for each other until after the first of the year when we will find something we want for both of us (I am thinking of a romantic night in a bed and breakfast) The rest of the family does not give to each other. As bad as I hate to say it, Christmas is my lest favorite holiday. I am always soooo glad when it is over. There is never enough time or money and I wouldn't bother with it at all if it wasn't for my kids and grandson.
I know, I know, your all shaking your heads thinking oh my gosh, how can she feel that way.
It honestly has nothing to do with the meaning of Christmas or religion or anything like that. I simply just do not like it. I think it all started when I moved from VA to TN in the early 1990's. I was living with the ex back then and I was unhappy living there and never got into the spirit when it came to decorating back then. We put the tree up, but we traveled every year but one out of the 7 I was there back here to VA to visit family. I was always unhappy to leave Va and go back home it put a damper on things..Then when my current husband and I first started living together it was in the month of Dec (our wedding anniversary is coming up on Tues and the anniversary of our living together a few days later) What should have been a happy time was not because the kids were so unhappy that I had left there dad a few months before and I was unhappy that the kids wouldn't come live with me..
It was just never the same after that, Then to top it off my dad passed away four years ago and was buried on Christmas Eve. Since then my mom's heart just hasn't been in it as far as doing gifts and things... So yes call me Scrooge, but really it is a pain and just a day I am glad to see come and go.
Well, that is about it on the home-front..Oh also if you are still reading this post (a bit long winded I know)
I wanted to tell everyone that I did reload what post I had saved back to my paranormal blog and the link is back on the side bar. I will probably post my ghost adventures on both blog, but after thinking about it I decided to redo the blog over there because sometimes people in my "real life" (family or co-workers) ask me about my ghost hunting. I want to have a place to direct them to without them reading this blog which I don't give he address to. Anyway if your interested in that type of stuff you can find the blog again..
Catch up with everyone later...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I honestly don't know how you work in retail. People are crazy this time of year. I ban all stores until after the holidays unless I have a few minutes at lunch.

I don't like xmas either but I am getting a little better. The greed gets me plus the religious horse sh*t. We just started putting up a tiny fake tree and watch xmas shows that we remember as a kid. Plus I am going to make a dinner since we will be unable to travel because of my job.

I'll be counting down the days with you. LOL

November 29, 2008 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger Kim Campbell said...

I with you about Christmas. Trust me you are not alone!! Too much greed. And I'll admit even on my part, but I am getting better.

My daughter's friend may pop by. She love paranormal stuff and needs mature people to talk to about it. If you can recommend any links or forums, let me know!

November 30, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home