Monday, November 17, 2008

My Day



Today was one of those rare weekdays that found my husband and I both off. We took advantage of the time and went for a ride to the Williamsburg, Jamestown area. As you can see from the slide show above the leaves have almost reached there peak of color for the year. They are already falling and each time the wind blows more and more come down.

It didn't take long to complete our drive so we headed over to Colonial Williamsburg, which is one of my favorite places to go in the area.
Not many tourist are there this time of the year so it was fun walking around and taking photos.



On the way home I suggested that we stop at the Newport News Park and see if it was feeding time for the deer. Our park rangers go out about the same time each day and feed the wild deer. We must have got there a little early because none were about so I went down near the water to take a few more photos. (These are at the end of the first slide show and are the trees on the lake with the most color)

It was nice to have such a relaxing day. Tomorrow brings another new work week and we are heading into the Thanksgiving holiday and you know what comes after that..
Yep you guessed it..RETAIL HELL..Black Friday. We already have our work schedule for that day and I will have to be at work at FOUR forty five in the MORNING..I'm already tired just thinking about. Of course the alternative was staying until midnight, so I really consider myself lucky. Anyway I hope you have enjoyed sharing my day....

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

All of our leaves here in Connecticut are on the ground and blowing around in the cold breezes that have been prevailing all day. We are definitely on our way to winter ... sigh ...

I've only been to Williamsburg once and didn't get the chance to go to the colonial section as we were more interested in Busch Gardens on that trip. I hope to get back down there one of these days.

Good luck with retail hell, I don't miss it at all! I think I would prefer staying until midnight then getting up so awfully early in the morning, though - I truly hate mornings!

November 18, 2008 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

What a great day out you had! It's wonderful to stuff off season in a tourist area, it has such different energy.

The madness you guys experience on that Black Friday is unlike any place in the world. I wonder if the current economy is going to impact that at all or make it even worse?

Steal away when it comes to the recipe, it was absolutely divine. I had leftovers for dinner last night and they rocked.

November 19, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home