Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chit Chat




Sorry I haven't been around much, I spent a lot of my time last week with a tummy bug. I managed to get myself dehydrated and I am still not back to 100%. I'm trying to drink lots of water and eat more, but I think it is going to take a few more days before I get back to normal. On the up side I did have a routine DR. appt and lab work done. They are doing the base line checks for sugar, thyroid, and potassium along with what ever else they check. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it all comes back normal. I had a scare a few years ago with my sugar levels but got them back to normal. I really hope I am healthy because I one of those people who just does not have time or money to be sick. Anyway it was a really boring week last week. Prior to getting sick I did get out a bit and go shopping with daughter for some plants for her yard, and went by while her and her boyfriend and dad planted them. Her dad had come by the (plant)nursery to load some top soil into his car for her, and its a good thing he did. Rebecca managed to lock her keys in the car. Guess where her extra set was. In my purse..IN THE CAR. I laughed so hard. I never leave my purse in the car, but I knew that day I would be helping pick plants out and didn't want it swinging off my arm in the way so I left it on the floor. Anyway her dad had to call pop a lock and get the car opened. In the mean time Rebecca took his car and picked up my grandson from the baby sitter leaving her dad and I alone. It was the first time him and I had a chance to talk in a long time and thankfully it was a pleasant conversation. His girlfriend holds a pretty tight rein on him since she has moved in where I am concerned. I use to get mad at her over things like not spending a few minutes with him alone to talk, but as time goes by I have just learned to let it alone. I swear though she put some kind of curse on me for having time alone with her man. I got the stomach flu the next day and have been sick all week ha ha.
On the serious side, I am glad he is happy, and Rebecca got to enjoy an afternoon with both of her parents without our spouse/significant others around. I guess even adult kids need time with just mom and dad once in awhile.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

They do.

April 28, 2009 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sorry you have been 'under the weather' Patty... I knew I hadn't seen you around in awhile.

We are leaving Sat. for a week at the beach in NC...

Love your spring flowers --that your family is planting...

Have a great week.
Hugs,
Betsy

April 30, 2009 at 2:45 PM  
Blogger Deborah Wilson said...

The flowers are beautiful. I'm sure that your daughter enjoyed you helping her, and Dad too.

I believe his new wife did put hoodoo on you...

Just don't ever leave your hair brush lying around or clip your nails...

...:)

May 1, 2009 at 12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home