Monday, November 6, 2006

Good Grief

Three days before and three days after a full moon is the time when the energy is at its fullest. Full moon was last night, so that means I have two more days of craziness. It continued at work today. I had to go in at 12:30 and one of my first customers was another weirdo. (Word of the week ha ha..Weirdo that is)
We have packages of dog food samples that customers are allowed to take home. Four each is the limit and there is a big sign telling people this. I usually look the other way if they have five packages and sometimes if they are buying a lot even six, but this customer had twelve packages. I told her I was sorry but four was the limit..That she had to pay 25 Cents for the extras. She was with a blind man and a guide dog, and said to me. Four of the packages were his (pointing to the man) I bite my tongue and told her ok, that they could have the 8, but not the others. She stood there and told me with a straight face that the other four were for her dog, because it was a person too. NO, I said, I'm sorry we can not do that..
Then she had the nerve to ask me if she went through the line again could she take 8 more..I wanted to throttle her..Finally she took the 8 packs of food and left..Geeze!
People will try anything. My manager cracked up when I told her that this woman said her dog was a person.
Not ten minutes later another customer came into my line and bought stuff worth 95 dollars and some change. She wanted to use her visa...I need your ID, please I told her...
It's in the car. Sorry I said, you need to get it. I can't accept the charge without it. She tried to tell me she had been in and got stuff before at our store without one. (I very much double that because we are very strict about that rule.) Can I let it slide this one time. Sorry I said..I need the ID..
She stompted out to her car, brought back in the ID, tossed it down to me. Thanks I said..Kiss my butt she thought...She stomped out and didn't look back..Screw you I thought..Maybe the dog the first lady had was more human than this person..It was better behaved that is for sure!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

The general public can be so rude! And do they not realize that you do not make the rules, you just follow them.And Some people are so greedy...they will take anything as long as its free whether they need it or not

November 7, 2006 at 4:51 AM  
Blogger S. Nichole said...

I have found that the rudest customers tend to be those that have never worked retail and think that those that are working in retail do not have college degrees and therefore are not smart enough to get a "real job." That couldn't be further from the truth.

I think the attitude of the woman and the free sampling people are left over residues from the "the customer is always right" era. No one is always anything. I wish people give up on that saying.

I hope you have a better day at work today, Autumn.

November 7, 2006 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

sheesh, they are everywhere, weirdo's. Good word weirdo's!

November 7, 2006 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Their plenty of strange ones out there.

Some day I blogg about the two strange ones that came into my ceramic shop.

Other bloggs gives me ideals what to blogg about.

November 7, 2006 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

People are so greedy! Ugh!

I think any purchase over $20 should require an ID. My boss's wallet got stolen and they had spent over $500 in the first hour.

November 7, 2006 at 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home