Friday, March 16, 2007

Take this job and shove it

Well, the rumor was true. My hours were cut to two days a week. For a grand total of 16 hours. Both days are on the weekends. I told the manager I am out of there. I will be job hunting come Monday morning. I am debating with myself if I want to go in on Sunday or not. (I was already scheduled off tomorrow). A part of me says F* it and another part says I need the money even if it is only a few hours. I;m going to sleep on it and see how I feel about it Sunday morning. I'm really sick over all this. I hate change. I know I will find another job, but lets face it, I am not a young chick any more and I have limited job skills. Retail is really all I know, and at my age it is hard to find a place to fit in. I'm mostly pissed because I had already started making vacation plans for the end of May and now they are on hold. My husband, my daughter and her boyfriend have already put in for that week and now everything is up in the air. Its a dirty little trick for the company to pull on me, since I just passed my one year mark last week. I was due a weeks paid vacation and a raise. Figures huh. I suppose it could have been worst. At lest I wasn't fired like the front end manager who was given her walking papers yesterday.
I know it sounds silly, but I will miss the dogs that come in. I really enjoyed seeing them everyday.
Oh well, I am trying to look at the bright side. I believe things happen for a reason and I know I was meant to work there in order to find my pets. Both my cats and my dog came from customers that couldn't keep them. People I only saw that one time and have never met again. I wouldn't trade them for all the hours the company has so they can take there job and shove it!
Life goes on. Spring is coming and change is good.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger TJ said...

Bummer...but you are right...change is good...you will find something just right I'm sure!!
:-D
PS...that's one job I've never attempted is retail!

March 17, 2007 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

I believe that things happen for a reason! Good luck!

March 17, 2007 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

You got the right attitude. Change can be great.

March 28, 2007 at 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home