Friday, June 1, 2007

Day two...The Virginia Safari

If you ever get a chance you MUST go to the Virginia Safari. It was the highlight of our trip and the most fun I have had in a long time. It is a 3 mile tour where animals run free and I mean free. They romp and play and stand in the middle of the road. For just $11.00 admission each and feed for the animals at four bucks for $10.00, it is an affordable family trip. We were told DO NOT get out of the car for any reason and almost as soon as we went through the gate we could understand why.
We were greeted by a HUGE ostrich, who scared us all to death when he stuck his entire neck in the car to grab food from the bucket. We all screamed settling off my grandson into hysterics and crying NO BIRD NO BIRD. We quickly rolled up the windows and drove off as the bird chased the car. Once the terror passed we laughed and laughed and finally relaxed as we saw gentle deer apporching. They we so pretty and seemed happy that someone had arrived with breakfast. As the tour went on we saw a varity of animals. Come enjoy the day with me. (More of our camping trip to follow)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I would have been screaming myself silly as I have an aversion to birds especially "big" ones...YIKES!
But what a pretty peacock!
:)

June 1, 2007 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

An invitation from Mimi…….To: Saturday Photo Hunters
Many bloggers will be flying Peace Globes in the blogosphere on Wednesday, June 6, 2007. It is BlogBlast for Peace day - the second annual event. Please consider using your blog voice and creative influence on this day to participate. The theme for June 2 is ART - perfect for creativity with a peace globe perhaps? You can find more information about the movement at Mimi Writes or BlogBlast for Peace. I wanted to make you aware of the event. I really enjoy looking at your photographs on Saturdays.
http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com or http://mimilenox.blogspot.com
Thanks and peace!
Mimi

June 1, 2007 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Beautiful pictures! We have the same kind of place called "African Lion Safari" where you go through the park in your car and the animals all roam free. When we had gone, I had monkeys on my car and could barely see where I was going! lol You make me want to go again:-) xox

June 2, 2007 at 4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos-bad ostrich! Looks like a fun time.

June 2, 2007 at 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home