Friday, June 1, 2007

Shopping on vacation

I won't bore you with another slide show of my trip. Instead I will bore you with photos ha ha. Seriously we didn't do that much. After the Safari we went into Lexington which was a quiet little hick town with just a few shops.





The only one I really enjoyed was a small store called Celtic Tides. The owner was very sweet and took time with us, explaining all the different symbols to my daughter and gave her a lucky penny from Ireland as we were leaving. We both purchased a Bridget's Cross. It was hand made in Ireland. I've been wanting one for a long time and will use it for Candlemas/Imbolc next year.

Later that afternoon we drove over to FoamHenge. Someone's idea of a modern day StoneHenge.






It was a steep climb


But we enjoyed it. Later that night a thunder storm came in so we huddled in the gameroom of the campground for a couple of hours and then went to bed. We got home about five yesterday afternoon. Tired but happy. We still have some things in the car that need to be unpacked, but I heard my bed calling me...
Well that is about it for the campout. I hope you enjoyed the trip as much as we did.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

What a quaint little town...
and Foam Henge looks interesting too!
:)

June 2, 2007 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Foam Henge...I love it!! lol That's the kind of places I just love to visit...that little shop too sounds fascinating! xox

June 2, 2007 at 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home