Friday, April 11, 2008

Real people


I know your all probably tired of reading about my ghost story, but I want to share some thoughts with you.

It is driving me crazy thinking Is this real? Do ghost really exsit. Is my grandson really seeing something. I have tried unsuccessfully to find any information on the net about hauntings in that area. I was just about to give up, when I got to thinking about it this way.

Just for the sake of argument lest say it is a ghost.
Ok with that established we all know that before you can be a ghost you had to be alive. So I pondered over it awhile thinking to myself Just who was this woman (and man/the papa). What were their names, how did they die. What did they do when they were alive.

If I look in the mirror and I see myself I know that I have hopes and dreams, a home, children .And when I die, someone is going to know who I was.
So I realized, that this "ghost" must have been the same way. Someone had to know who they were. So I thought about it some more and I asked myself, ok where do I start. I wondered who owned this land. What happened there all those years ago. How did they die and Why are they haunting it.

Yesterday I took the bull horns and went to our local library. We have a special room dedicated to Virginia history so I knew I could at lest find something on the land.
So in I go, march up to the desk, and tell the librarian my story. Of course she looks at me like I have two heads, but she produces a file with newspaper articles in it. And guess what. It is all about the farm and who owned it and the names of the people who were buried in the graveyard there.

I won't give you a last name to protect there privacy, but I will tell you that it is a family cemetery.

the names and dates are as follows
Margaret born 1797 died 1835
*I think she is our "lady". The timing for the dress the "ghost" is wearing would be about right. Margaret would have died in her early 30's. My ghost lady looks young.

Philip was born in 1845, he died at age 68 in 1913 of a heart attack after coming in from the fields. I believe he is our papa/and the farmer seen by the worker at the farm. A farmer in 1913 would certainly be wearing overalls as she described.

I have different last names for Margaret and Philip, but I feel like they are related. Perhaps she was his grandmother or an Aunt of either Philip or his wife who is also buried in the cemetery.

Philips daughter is also buried there and believe it or not she died just three days before he did. All that I have listed is she died suddenly. She was 40.
At first I thought maybe our lady was her, but she didn't die until 1913 so I think the dress style does not fit.

Anyway I also found out that Philip was born and raised there, and served in the civil war.

Conincident, maybe, interesting thoughts Yes.
So what do you think?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Willow Goldentree said...

I think you're on to something. I believe in ghosts.

April 11, 2008 at 1:19 AM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

Are you kidding? I LOVE hearing about your ghosts! You can't bore me with that at all and I do believe you're onto something. Now you have to figure out what you want to do. Do you want them to stay? Do you want them to go into the light? Now that you have names for them, directly them will be much easier. You can also ask them if that are their names and to tap once for yes, twice for no and see what they say. You can also ask your grandson if any of the names sound right. Way to be pro-active!

April 11, 2008 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Nydia said...

I think it's moving to finally get a clue about them. Maybe it will make you feel calm and more relaxed about it. I follow the same thought about ghosts which I believe although never seeing one. Obviously they were someone in the past with all the hopes, fears and doubts lik us, so it makes the fear less intense. That's what I tell Lucas when he asks me about it. By the way, oly once when he was about 2 years old, he experienced getting in touch with something supernatural, at our old apartment. He kept looking up to the kitchen's entrance as to a taller person and showed "him", speechless, one of his books (Bambi), and afterwards, showed his dad's shorts (could it be nakd?!). He said, when I asked, that it was an old man with a beard. I felt goosebumps, but acted normally. Never it happened again. Brr!!

April 11, 2008 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

This is all very interesting - do keep posting about your ghosts. Does it feel as if they have any awareness of you and your grandson - or are they just like recordings of what happened long ago?
I had a similar experience to Nydia's with my own son when he was aged about three,(nearly twenty years ago). He kept having conversations with an invisible entity that he called `my orange shop man' and then later `my city man' (not sure if they were the same or not?) I didn't really take too much notice of this until he started telling me that they were talking to him about global warming ...Remember he was only three at the time...!! One night I was in his room some time in the small hours and he insisted that `my city man' was standing in a corner behind me. I really felt the hairs go up on the back of my neck I can tell you!

April 13, 2008 at 5:33 AM  
Blogger Kim Campbell said...

I love these posts! I believe and I also see some in the photo above.

April 13, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home