Saturday, November 29, 2008

Following my roots


I was sorting through some of my geneology stuff tonight when I ran across a photo of my great great grandparents. I have my great grandmother's lips amd mouth. It's pretty cool to look at someone and see yourself, and at the same time I find it so strange because I really don't know anything about her except for her name. It was Rosanna Martin (Apr. 1844- 29 Dec. 1929) She married my great grandfahter James Sanders Adair,( born Jan, 1837, in Madison County, Georgia) on 9 September 1860. He served in Company H, 19th Georgia Volunteer Infantry, Army of Tennessee. He was wounded and permanently disabled at Ocean Pond, Fla. on 20 Feb., 1864. He died on 13 Sep. 1911, in Dallas Georgia, and they both are buried at Mt. Olivet Baptist Church Cemetery, in Paulding County Georgia.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Patty, how wonderful that you have this picture of your great great grandparents! I don't have any of mine which is such a shame. I know where they're buried and have been there but have no idea what they looked like. xoxo

December 1, 2008 at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home