Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Good Neighbors

Open letter to my upstairs neighbor

Thank you so much for being a lazy jerk and throwing things off the top of your balcony instead of walking them down the stairs and out to the dumpster like everyone else that lives in this building does. If you had been one of the sheep instead of opening your back door and crashing things to the ground, making me jump and causing my dog to bark, I wouldn’t be the proud owner of this new folding chair. I am sure you will never know how much I wanted it. See I plan on giving it to my daughter. She only has four chairs at her table, so when all of the family comes to her house for dinner we have to sit in the living room. Now we can place it at the table and sit together.

IMG_6887

Also I wanted to thank you for finally giving away the puppy you kept at your house over the holidays. I worried and worried about how it was staying warm on all those cold nights when you left it out on the patio 24 hours a day.IMG_5518

I am happy you took the letter I wrote and left on your door one morning to heart. I really am glad I didn’t have to turn you into the office for not only leaving the dog out day and night, but for letting it pee and poop on your porch, which was my ceiling and it dripped down onto my cement porch where both my dog and I stepped in it every time I took mine out in the yard to pee (which is where you are suppose to take a dog)

IMG_5516

It’s to bad that you didn’t give  the dog kennel that you had for the puppy away with the dog. Maybe then it wouldn’t have broke when you threw it off the patio with the chair. I was going to bring it in and clean it up. I thought maybe the person on free cycle that was asking for one just two days ago could still use it. If you had placed it at the trash bin the door wouldn’t be broken off and the plastic busted. To bad huh.

Oh and In case your wondering I am the one who went out and moved it to the fence and out of the middle of the yard for my dog to get tangled up in each time I let her out on the long leash to pee. I guess I should have taken it to the trash dumpsters, but since it wasn’t my responsibility to pick up after you I just left it.

I’m sure the apartment maintenance department will get around to moving it some time around June. After all with the hard times we are in economically I wouldn’t want to put them out of a job. Or maybe you will start to feel guilty now that it is in a place where your eye will go every time you look out and you will come retrieve it and take it yourself.  

.IMG_6886

I’m not sure when your lease on your apartment is up, but I hope it is soon. Maybe I will be home the day you move and I can be the first to see what you toss off the porch.

Thanks again

Oh and while I have your attention, thanks for being a member of the United States Army. I am sure your commanding officer is proud of how those arm lifts paid off. After all it must have taken a really strong guy to do all you do!

Your loving neighbor

Patty

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Betsy Banks Adams said...

Very nicely written Patty... Wonder if he/she feels guilty??? Probably not!!!

Oh the joys of living in an apartment complex... I've been there--done that! NOT FUN!!!!

We live on a golf course, and there is a home across the fairway not too far from us.. Anyhow there are two of those darn little yappy dogs living at that house. I hate it when the owners leave the dogs outside on their porch all day ---and those darn dogs yap and yap and yap. It's SO distracting. I haven't complained yet---but may have to soon...

Hugs,
Betsy

February 24, 2009 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I'm so glad that I don't live in apartments anymore. And this reminds me why.

February 24, 2009 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Ugh - I hate neighbors like this! The one that really gets my grind is the ones who get animals and then neglect them!

February 24, 2009 at 7:29 PM  
Blogger Phill said...

Don't you just adore stupid, thoughtless, useless people? What a jackass.

February 24, 2009 at 11:14 PM  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

There always going to be those people who will in squalor and I find most of these people are actual darn proud to live like this.

Hopeful they move soon and I feel sorry for those who have to live by them.

A little hint most place have some type of law on how one most keep their property.
Try checking with City or your County.

Coffee is on.

February 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home