Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Clearing Away Some Boxes

Today has been one of those days! I started off my morning on the wrong foot, so I should have known it was not going to be a productive day. I had to go to the bank first thing this morning and put some cash back into our account so I could get a rent check in to the office. Now rent is not due until the first and we have until the third of each month to pay it, but for some crazy reason only known to the idiots who work in the office they told us that we needed to pay the first months rent in advance since we moved in early. Never mind that we paid a full months rent as a deposit plus another two hundred dollars for the remainder of April. They want May also. Well I told them I didn't have it until my paycheck cleared the bank last Friday. I had to work yesterday during the same hours that the office was open, so today was the first chance I had to get to the bank and office. I also had planned to go to the post office today to pick up the key to our mail box. Not a problem except that the post office is in the same center as the bank. That still isn't a big deal, except that I wanted to make sure that I had the money in the account BEFORE I handed the office a check, so I knew it would mean a double trip there. Ok, so I deposit the money jump back in the car, only to sit through the same traffic light THREE times before I could get out of the center, I swear the lights around here only stay green for about 45 seconds. It drives me nuts. Anyway I get back to our complex, pull up to the office, go to the door, and wouldn't you know it. There is a note saying. CLOSED FOR THE DAY. I was so mad. I had one stupid bill that needed to go out today and no stamps (I had planned on mailing it when I got the key). So not only did I not pay my rent or get my mail, I still had to make the second trip back up to the same center I had just left to get a stamp, and mail off my bill. GRRRRRR.

After that I have spent most of the day clearing a path in my house. I can't believe I have so much JUNK. I know about 3/4 of it either needs to be stored away or thrown away, but I don't have the time or energy to do either. Nothing ever seems to fit back the way it was when I move, so instead of just hanging things up or sitting them out I make about a hundred piles, throw away the boxes and then try and make some kind of sense out of where to put things. I know I have got a lot done today but looking at it, it doesn't seem that way. I seem to be having one of those days where the harder I work the more behind I get. Oh well at lest I know when it is all put away it is MINE, no one is going to bother it or move it and I can relax. As for my daughter her apartment is looking good. She has it fixed up nice, and I am proud for her. Once things settle down a bit I will post some pictures of both places.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've got to declutter my place, that's what I was doing outside when the snake surprised the hell out of me! I've been meaning to tackle my closets, half the stuff in there won't fit any more due to my expanding backside!

Thanks for dropping by and commenting. I loves me some comments. Come back anythime.

April 25, 2006 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Just take a deep breath and say there's no place like home. It will soon feel that way. Happy thoughts going your way.

April 26, 2006 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Miss Tonia said...

Moving can be so stressful! I still have boxes in my garage that I haven't looked at, and we moved in at the end of February. And I hope today is better for you than yesterday.

April 26, 2006 at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home