Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Stress Level

I copied this from another blog. I have put the ones that have affected me in recent years in bold. I wonder how high the point level goes. Maybe I should buy the book.

This came from Dr. Phil book. He had a list in his book about life stress. Here is his list in the order he had it. Each fact had an amount of points added to it and that was your stress level.

Death of a child...Step son son in 1994

Divorce...1998

Death of a spouse

Death of a parent...My dad in 2003

Spouse's or partner's betrayal of trust

New marriage.....2000

Job change after age of 45.....Several

Conflict between you and your spouse.....Me and my ex spouse

Conflict with boss.....

Significant negative medical diagnosis.....

Change of home location.....I have moved 9 times in 8 years.

Retirement

Conflict between you and your teenager.....Daugther for several years

40th, 50th birthdays.....My 50th birthday was two years ago

A traumatic injury.....

Taking care of elderly parents

Job Change.....several

Chronic pain.....

Best friend's betrayal.....My best friend took my ex's side in our divorce. It has taken me years to forgive her, and I still don't trust her.

Last child leaving home.....Daughter is now on her own

Purchase of a new car or house.....

Big family gatherings.....Dad's funeral

Overly demanding job

I am adding several of my own....

Daughter has baby. Both live with me, along with dead beat dad, dead beat dad move out, we move (again) and change jobs (again). Daughter goes to court to get dead beat dad to help her with child support. It is due today, he has already told her he doesn't have it.
She works two jobs while I help take care of grandson in addition to the recent move, a full time job, a husband and a ex who has a whinny tattle tale girl friend.

Also I deal with an ex wife..who takes ONE HALF of my husbands pay. I don't follow her around tattling to my husband about comments she make on other people's blogs.

It never stops amazing me that the ex's lady friend wonders why I keep telling her not to f*** with me!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Sometimes life sucks and it doesn't help when people can't understand your side of the story.

I understand. Both sides.

We, you and I are strong women. We have come through devastating circumstance and we still have our sense of humor.

Just take it one day at a time, one crisis at a time and apply what you learned from the other crisis.

As far as your ex... A Garth Brook's song comes to mind, the mysterious third verse you can only find on the live album to Friend's in low places

Something about filling up his (but in this case yours) glass and leaving and he can kiss your ass. heheheheh

Look at the good side of ex...you can always go back to your house and leave him to his own undoing. works for me.

Hugs

me

May 10, 2006 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

He does it in concert too.

Sometimes that's the only possible answer.

May 10, 2006 at 5:52 PM  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

At time I wonder if I handle stress in the right way.
Try to focus on the postive.

May 10, 2006 at 7:09 PM  
Blogger MomEtc. said...

My gosh, you've been through a lot! (((hugs)))!

May 10, 2006 at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home