Sunday, May 7, 2006

Visiting daddy

Thankfully the visit my grandson had with his dad today went ok. My ex and I both were waiting outside my daughters this morning when dead beat showed up. My ex talked first pretty much telling him that this entire situation is BS and that he is not going to take the baby away from my daughter so he is wasting his time and money if he thinks he is. He was told in no uncertain terms that we will hire the best lawyer money can buy, and it will get ugly. Surprisingly he agreed that my grandson should stay with my daughter that his issue is only wanting visitation. That is fine as long as he takes care of the baby.
I hate all this, it is tearing my heart out and bringing back some bitter memories of my divorce and the hurt I feel at how my ex treated me over the children at the time. Him and I sat down this morning and had a talk about what happened back then. We both have different memories of what happened back in those days, but we both know that is the past and our grandson is what is important now.
Anyway week one down. I just hope things continue to go smoothly

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi,

Oh dear, that sounds rough! My sister went through a divorace and her husband wanted to take their son away from her, apparently just to hurt her. He talked to my mom and she talked him out of it--thank God.

Your doing good here for your daughter and your grandchild, hang in there!

Janice~

May 7, 2006 at 1:40 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

I hope it does too. Having the support of another person, even an ex must help.

May 7, 2006 at 1:57 AM  
Blogger Anne Johnson said...

Dead beat will lose interest in the baby soon enough. Just make sure you keep a record of every time he misses a visitation or a payment.

May 9, 2006 at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home