Friday, May 26, 2006

Weeks Worth Of Nothing

This has been one of those weeks where nothing has really happened.(Thank goodness)
I had three days off of work which is unusual, but the owner of the store I work at got a bug up his butt and decided to cut hours. For anyone who doesn't know. I work at pet supply store. It is privately own, and in competition with Pet Smart which is just around the corner and a large nation wide chain. Our store on the other hand consist of just two stores. One here and one in Virginia Beach, about 40 miles away.
Now I know every business has it slow time, but this place is S L O W. I really don't know how they stay open. Supposedly the catalog sales generated from the net keep us going. Anyway as I said the owner got a bug up his butt and the hours went bye bye. I won't mind so much except they recently hired TWO new people..One full time and one part time. Now for the life of me, if they are slow already, and are needing to cut hours. Why would you hire someone else. I just don't get it. I suppose that is why I am the lowly peon and not the owner..Jeesh!


Oh well, I enjoyed the extra time off and took the day to get some long over due unpacking done from the recent move. I finally bought a full size crib for my grandson to sleep in. He is spending five out of seven nights a week here and I hated seeing him in the port a crib. I know he must be sleeping better now.
He is growing so fast. Walking all over the house now. Nothing is safe. I forgot how fast they can move at this age. He is having a ball with the new kitten.
I really enjoy having him even if I am feeling my age. Ha Ha.

I'm not sure what will happen next week though. The store manager shuffled the hours around that the owner cut this week, so she can keep the full time people at 40 hours. She had to cut the part timers even more to do this. So instead of working us days and them nights. She put me on for two nights next week till closing. Now I have been with this company for almost three months and have only had to work two nights past seven. i was not hired on for nights. I keep my grandson at night. DUH!!
My daughter will have to go to work BEFORE I get off those nights. It looks like either my husband or pa pa (ex hubby) will have to baby sit for a couple of hours.
This isn't horrible, but I can't help but wonder if both of them put together can figure out how to get him feed, bathed and in bed ha ha. His mama will have to be at work before he gets sleepy. It should be an interesting experience.

Anyway eveyone enjoy your weekend. I am working everyday...Seems like if they were going to cut hours they would have at lest including one stinking weekend in there. GRRRRRRRR

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

The guys will figure it out although it may not be quite up to your expectations.

Food, bath, bed. Shouldn't be too hard.

Just spotted you over at Ju-Blu's site.

Glad you fund her. I'm quite fond of Julian and Elizabeth.

You might enjoy Tina at Fuzzy and Blue as well.

May 27, 2006 at 1:25 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh dear, I do hope everything is working out! Sometimes we tend to worry for nothing but we do anyway! lol

May 28, 2006 at 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home