Monday, May 15, 2006

A Prayer

I found an interesting site today it is called World Prayers
There seems to be something there for every faith.
The first one I clicked on was written by Chief Yellow Lark a Lakota Indian. My thoughts immeditatly went to my friend Nancy. She has a wonderful blog. Please go by and tell her hello.





Oh, Great Spirit,
whose voice I hear in the winds
and whose breath gives life to all the world, hear me.
I am small and weak.
I need your strength and wisdom.

Let me walk in beauty and make my eyes
ever behold the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things you have made
and my ears sharp to hear your voice.
Make me wise so that I may understand
the things you have taught my people.
Let me learn the lessons you have hidden
in every leaf and rock.

I seek strength, not to be superior to my brother,
but to fight my greatest enemy - myself.
Make me always ready to come to you
with clean hands and straight eyes,
so when life fades, as the fading sunset,
my spirit will come to you
without shame.

american indian - lakota - chief yellow lark - 1887

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Thank you and I'm glad your not staying away.

May 16, 2006 at 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home