Saturday, May 13, 2006

Middle of the night blogging

Let's just say this has not been a good night. We went to bed around midnight only to be woken up at 3:45 by a car horn going off. Now this was not the typical alarm, but a HORN...beep, beep, B E E P!! Both the hubby and myself went outside to see what was going on. (Which is a really dumb thing to do in this neighborhood at 4 am)Once we made sure it was not one of our cars we hurried back inside.
After waiting about 15 minutes we realized that the idiot that owns the car is either stoned, drunk, or dead because they were not coming outside. There was no way we could get back to sleep with the noise right outside our window so we called 9-1-1.
Well, all I can say is I am glad no one was bleeding to death. TWENTY FIVE minutes later, I called back. Someone is on the way they said. Geeze, where are they coming from Cleveland. Shortly after that the officer arrived, introduced himself, stating he was the courtesy officer for our complex (you can tell what a great neighborhood we live in if we have our own police officer), and went on to tell us that there was nothing that the police can do about the noise because we are on private property. They couldn't even look up the owner because the car had out of state plates. My hubby and I took a vote and ask him to shoot the car. I'm not sure what he did to it, but after another five minutes or so the noise stopped. Thank God. I'm really pissed. It's been an hour and now I am wide awake. To top it off my grandson woke up and I had to get him settled back down. Even the cat is awake! It is friggin 5 a.m. and I have to work at 8:30. I can tell already that it is NOT going to be a good day. Saturday's are always our busy day. I am going to be dragging.
I'm going to try and lay back down. Enjoy your day everyone

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

I hope you survived the day with little sleep. I have had this happen in my neighbourhood, where next door's alarm kept going off, all night, no-one was home and the police didn't care. Doesn't make for restful sleep, does it !?!?!
Take care, Meow

May 15, 2006 at 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home