Sunday, June 11, 2006

My Day In Photos

As I mentioned this morning the daughter, hubby and I took the grandson to the beach. It was his first trip this summer. He would have no part of it. Turns out he is a little wuss ha ha. You would have thought I was killing him when I put his feet in the sand..NOOOOOOOOOOO way was he setting them down. ohhhh my I'm getting dirty he thought. I had to laugh. He doesn't get that from my kids. They loved dirt from the time they were big enough to sit in it. Must be something he inherited from his dad. (the wussy part that is) Oh well, it doesn't matter, he is a sweet baby and I love him more than life itself, so I was happy to hold him while I waded. Actually he was content to sit on a towel so we stayed awhile and enjoyed the sun. It only got about 75 today and with a breeze off the water it was a perfect day. Blue skys, fresh air. Who could ask for more. We didn't bother to go all the way to Virginia Beach, which is really the only "real" beach in the area. It is the Atlantic ocean, while everything else around here is either part of the Chesapeake Bay, or the James River. We opted for the Bay which we can go to and enjoy a small family beach that has swimming and a park area. No summer crowds and only a few minutes from the house. We stayed about an hour, and then headed out for a bit of thrift store shopping. I haven't really found one I like since moving to this town, but I still enjoy poking around. I did find a paperback, so I may read some later. The prices were cheap at the first place we were at, and I couldn't help but over hear a young pregnant girl ask how much a high chair was. $5.99 was the reply, but if you take it today you can have it for half price. I have no use for a highchair myself since both my daughter and I have one for the grandson, but I thought to myself wow what a steal. The girl was excited and wanted it, but went to her car to see if she had enough cash with her. She said she didn't want to charge $3.00. While she was gone I paid for her purchase. I don't know why, it was just something I felt compelled to do. When she came in and they told her the look on her was thanks enough. I told her it was a random act of kindness. I hope she will think to do the same for someone some day. I think we can all use a guadian angel. Anyway my bargin of the day was a 69 cent ceramic cat which I will post a picture of, along with the photos from today.
After we shopped, we stopped at Cracker Barrell for supper, I had the chicken and dumplings which I highly recommend if you ever go there.
When we got home we had a visit on the porch with my ex so he could see the baby. He (the ex) managed to catch the stomach virus I had the first of the week. He is better today, but we still didn't want to go into his apartment. I can't figure out how he got it from me. I had seen him on Monday before I got sick, but he didn't get it till yesterday. Strange little sickness. I just hope my husband, daughter and grandson don't get it. Yuck.
Oh well I have rambled enough..
IMG_0982.JPGIMG_0978.JPGIMG_0971.JPGIMG_0970.JPGIMG_0958.JPGIMG_0945.JPGIMG_0942.JPGIMG_0940.JPGIMG_0943.JPGIMG_0950.JPGIMG_0936.JPGIMG_0946.JPGIMG_0994.JPGIMG_0963.JPGIMG_0964.JPGIMG_0986.JPGIMG_0995.JPGIMG_0998.JPG

Since I am posting so many photo's I did not enlarge them. You will need to click on them to see them full size. (these are posted in no particular order, and some are just shots of people on the beach)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home