Monday, November 20, 2006

Bad boys, good boys

Have you ever wondered why women want the bad boys? Is it the excitement, the sex appeal, the Indiana Jones look that causes us to go for them? If you can figure it out please tell me. Take my daughter for example. She is 22, a single mom, struggling to raise a son working two jobs, and never gets enough sleep. You would think she would be grateful that a really great guy has fallen head over heels in love with her. No, she doesn't want him. She said he is not MAN enough for her. She thinks that just because he is sweet, sensitive, buys her flowers, shops at the mall and offers her the world he must be gay. Who cares if he is gay. He has his own home, a car and a job. He has offered to pay for her education. He has never been married (he was in a live together relationship with a woman for about a year). No kids, and is even willing to give up his DOG for her! Nope.. she thinks he is prissy for her. He loves the family, treats my grandson like his own. He even buys him clothes. This man would roll over backwards and do flips if my daughter asked him to. Nope..you know what she told him...She told him she wants to see "what else is out there" before she settles down. In other words she wants the bad boy. She wants some greasy, slimy, looks good in tight jeans kind of guy that belongs in a bad Bruce Willis movie. She had one of those once. He is the father of her son. He is a loser, won't work is on drugs, and is never going to make anything out of himself. You would think she would have learned. Nope She brought another (bad boy) one home the other night. I met him. His hair was down his back, he was grody (is grody a word?) he was almost TEN years older than her, has a kid, god only knows if he has a job, and from the looks of him he had been hanging around with the Hells Angels. All I can say is if she wants to see "what else is out there" she needs to keep looking!
In the meantime I told the first young man. Don't give up yet, maybe after I hit her in the head with a hammer a few more times she will come to her senses!!
KIDS!!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Do all mothers have this problem with their daughters? I've been going through the same thing with my youngest who is 23. She thinks she is in love with this 37 year old man who already has been married once and divorced. I call him her man friend.

Then there is Scott who is wondeful. A forest ranger going to school for his Masters. He is head over heels in love with her. He finally told her you have to choose, the old man or me?

She called me up and asked my opinion. I told her go with the one that makes you laugh and smile. Because when times are bad you will at least know he can make you laugh.

She chose Scott. Knock on wood...

November 20, 2006 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I can't really explain why but I do know that when I was younger I was just like your daughter! I always looked for the worse possible person I could find to be in a relationship with and let me tell you I sure knew how to find them. I did that for a very long time. Even though people around me had been telling me all along at some point I "woke up" and realized that I deserved so much more than what I was seeking out for myself. Once that happened I found the right one but by that time I was already almost 30 years old.

My husband and I have been together for about 7 years and married for three of those. Everyday I am thankful that he is my husband. The benefit of me dating those "bad boys" if that it helps me not take my husband for granted. I know what is out there and I got lucky!

November 20, 2006 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

It took me forever to get it right. Never give up.

November 20, 2006 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

That is why I keep going back to Adam. Because I realize how great he is and how useless those bad boys are. I don't really do that much anymore but I did have a bad one before I got back with Adam. He was very manly but being my age, I know he couldn't offer me anything. I think we grow out of it. I know Adam is Manly but we make a great partnership.

November 20, 2006 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger Mama Kelly said...

you grab the hammer
Ill hold her down

YOUTH!!! I swear

I can;t believe she turned down what sounded like a dreamboat.

Mama Kelly

November 20, 2006 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Off the subject for minute. I got my holiday meme up.

November 20, 2006 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm back and I'll try to put some light on the subject or my opinion.

My client who is a nice person but tends to pick up lazy men.
My client has a daughter by this man who is lazy and shows no ambition of any sort.
As far as I can see he will work for a little pot to smoke and pays his child support or should say he doesn't do it freely. She has to call up child support agency and have it taken out of his pay check and he couch hops around. Even at her place.
Now here is the kicker the other men or I wouldn't call them men that she knows are basicly peas in pod. She wants a good man but their is a reason why she attract to men that are lazy.
If a good man came around my client at this time I would wonder if she would chase him off or he would run away.
A least a good man show some interest in her. She most have some quailty that this good man finds in her and their is hope that she can land a good man.

November 20, 2006 at 11:52 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I also have a 23 year old daughter...she has a little boy 3. I help her with him daily. She has never had to send him to a sitters or daycare...do you think she appreciates it??? I wonder...

November 21, 2006 at 8:30 AM  
Blogger Penguin said...

I think it is some sort of phase some of us girls go through. You are a good mother - I'm sure you have instilled her with the values to (eventually) understand it is the stable, love-their-mother types that she wants to be with.

At least, I hope so, for your sake!

November 21, 2006 at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home