Tuesday, December 5, 2006

The last few days

It's been an uneventful few days. (Thankfully!) I've had off since Saturday, and I have got lazy. Saturday of course was spent with my husband. We had the entire day alone. We started off with breakfast at...
Yep you guessed it McDonald's. From there we jumped in the car and went to Petersburg. (I've already posted photos from the cemetery, and the trip along the way.). When we first got there we went to the visitor center Which is set up in this old home.


Next we walked around a bit visiting some antique stores
I love to browse and spent time looking in this window


Finally before leaving I bought these for the tree..I am not sure how old they were but I liked them.


On our way home we stopped for dinner at the The Virginia Diner

After we ate we headed back home where were stopped at the movies and saw Deja Vu with Denzel Washington. If you haven't seen this movie yet, you should put it on your list of have to see. It was worth it.
Anyway that was my Saturday. Sunday was laundry day as usual, and yesterday my daughter and I took my grandson to see Santa and have his picture made. (Photo to follow when I have time to scan)
Today I went back to bed (something I rarely do) and slept till NOON!! When I finally drug my lazy self out of bed I took the dog with me to pick up a prescription and then to the park. We went on a short hike and then it was home. This afternoon I am cooking cabbage and plan on making sweet potatoes and meat loaf to go with it.
Tomorrow is back to the real world and work. Yuck

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I wish I could get Adam out to do stuff like that. We spend a lot of time working on the house and not enough time exploring. It seems like a lot of time I am too tired to go out anyway.

It looks like you guys had a lovely time and I can't wait to see the picture.

December 5, 2006 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I love sweet pottoes, but for some reason i never cook them. Maybe I should start.

The only part of Virginia I have been to is the DC area an Skyline drive. I would really like to tour the eastern half of Virginia. I love old architecture.

December 5, 2006 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Good for you for having some fun and rest both.

December 6, 2006 at 1:16 AM  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm a fan of Denzel Washington. I'm sure hoping to get a chance to see Deja vu

December 6, 2006 at 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home