Wednesday, February 21, 2007

On The Home Front


This disappeared from my front door the other day. Since my door is not on the street (you have to go down a set of steps first) I suspected that either my young neighbors just to be a pain in the butt took it, or maintenance yard crew did while cleaning. Once in a blue moon someone comes along and sweeps the leaves away with a leaf blower, so more than likely it was them. Today I found the mat thrown out where I take the dog to pee. It is the same area that the yard people toss old branches and spread out the leaves they blow. I have to tell you I was pissed. It was bad enough when I got a notice telling me I had to remove everything from my patio a few weeks ago. Now I find that they removed my door mat. I can't believe an apartment complex doesn't want people to even have a door mat. Then again I can't believe what I got in the mail yesterday. It was a letter informing me that I have to the middle of April to come in and renew the lease. I knew it was about time to renew. What I didn't know is the rent is going up. By ONE HUNDRED THIRTY DOLLARS A MONTH!!
I almost fell over. I couldn't believe it. We don't have an extra $130.00 a month. We also don't have money or deposits to move again. I am sick of moving. My daughter and my grandson are just in the building next door. I am two minutes from my job. I am just sick over this and worried how we will make it financially but I know we will make it somehow. Just out of curiosity though I do plan on getting an apartment guide just to check out what is around town.
Oh on top of that. We also got a notice that we are getting new kitchen and bathroom cabinets and counter tops on March 5. Then a few days later they will come do new tile This means EVERYTHING has to be moved out of those rooms and also we have to move things in the dinning area so they can work.
I've needed to go through some of my dishes and things for awhile, but wanted to wait awhile. I guess now I have no choice.
The new cabinets will be nice except we have an island in the middle between the kitchen and dinning area they they said they are removing completely. This means I have less counter space and no where to put my can goods and things.
Can we all say it together.....WHAT A PAIN IN THE BUTT.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

Wowsers, rent is going up $130??? That's an awful big leap..can they really do that? I guess if they say they're doing all those renovations, though, they can say the extra rent money will be paying for that. I thought there was a law that said they can't raise the rent over a certain amount! I don't blame you for being upset:-( Hugs xox

February 21, 2007 at 4:11 PM  
Blogger Ligeia said...

Perhaps they will allow you to not pay the 130 if you don't get new cabinets or flooring? Just a thought...

February 22, 2007 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

That sucks!

February 22, 2007 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

ligeia
the upgrades are mandantory..matter of fact the letter stated that if we do not have everything out of the areas on that day we will be FINED.
This place sucks.

February 22, 2007 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Turtleheart said...

I feel for you. The last place we rented at raised the rent like that on us. By the time we moved out, we were paying $875/month. That's when we decided we might as well be putting that kind of money toward a home, instead.

February 23, 2007 at 12:54 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

holy shit...can't you check out some place closer and maybe buy??? just a thought...

February 23, 2007 at 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home