Thursday, June 22, 2006

Winds Of Change

I'm feeling restless. I can't put my finger on it, as to why I feel this way, but I know a change is coming soon. I am sure part of it is because I’m planning on changing jobs as soon as I can find something else. From the beginning I have not really liked my job. I've only kept it because any job is better than no job. It didn't take me long after I started to come to the conclusion that this was not the place I wanted to be. Honestly I'm bored to tears. The first week I was there it was ok. It was something new, and I had never worked at a store where people could bring in there dogs. Unfortunately it only took me about three weeks to realize that the completion was beating the heck out of the company I work for. Business is really really slow. At first I passed it off that it was a new company, then I thought maybe it was because they had not done a grand opening, or word had not got out they were there. Finally I had to be honest. It is just SLOW because they do not have any business. It’s a privately owned company, and the boss is one of those kinds that want his employees to be busy, even when there is nothing to do. I have been so bored some days I swear I have thought about counting the dog bones just so it will pass some time. Also the cash register is one of those kinds that have a touch screen. It is very sensitive and easy to make a mistake on. It is also one that you don’t realize you have made the mistake until the end of the day when your money doesn’t match the report. More than once I have been short only to find out that it was because I had scanned for a price check and when I tried to void the line (sale) the machine had already accepted it. I was written up for that. OK, I chalked that up to modern machinery and vowed to be more careful. Today though was the icing on the cake. I was over paid on my last paycheck (which went into direct deposit) and because I did not catch it and report it to them they jumped on me. Accusing me of “stealing from the company”. I was told the only reason I was not fired was because I didn’t accept an actual check in my hand, and it went to the bank. I honestly didn’t realize I had been over paid as much as I had been. I just glanced at the bank statement last week when the check went in. I saw we had some extra in there but I thought it was because a bill had not posted. I was not trying to steal anything. It turns out that for whatever reason the time clock did not clock me in and out correctly and 24 hours of my pay was paid as over time. So in other words, the lady in payroll screwed up and they are passing the buck telling me I am the bad guy. I wanted to tell my manage to take the job and shove it, but knew better than to burn a bridge if I didn’t need to. I’m over it though. Like I said.. The winds of change are coming

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home