Sunday, July 23, 2006

Thoughts of a feral

Thanks to my sister Michelle of A little bit of this, A little bit of that for sending me the link to the page this poem was on


(Annette Easdon)* Dedicated by the author to all the kind and caring people who give the lonely ferals a little care, a little love, and a little hope.

I sit beneath the bushes as she fills my dish each day,
I only venture out to eat when she has gone away,
I know it will upset her when I turn away and hide,
As every day she tries her best to get me by her side.
I wish that I could let her know that I don't want to run,
And hope that she will understand it's nothing that SHE's done.
I'd like to have her stroke me and pat my weary head,
But fear will overcome and I'll run and hide instead.
For all the kindly people who feed the strays each day,
I pray the Lord will care for them as they have cared for me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home