Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Meditation of the Day

"It was good for the skin to touch the earth, and the old people liked to remove their moccasins and walk with bare feet on the sacred earth... The soil was soothing, strengthening, cleansing, and healing."
--Chief Luther Standing Bear, TETON SIOUX
Touching the earth - getting grounded, centered. There is magic in touching the earth and feeling her healing power. This is especially healthy to do during a troubling time when our minds are racing or can't stop thinking or are locked onto fear or resentment. When I need to feel free I can go to the Mother Earth. The Mother Earth is full of life and love. She always gives her powers to those who come to her. The Mother Earth is alive.

Today, my Great Spirit, let me remember to touch the earth. Let me slow down and live just for today. Let me be gentle, patient and kind.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I've long had an interest in my Cherokee Indian heritage and while in the mountains I picked up a book called Walking on the Wind-Cherokee teachings for Harmony and Balance...this sounds like something I would find in this book.
:)

July 17, 2007 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Patty:-) I'm back from my trip and playing catch up with everyone!! I so enjoyed reading all your posts I had missed...loved seeing what you received in the Scavenger Hunt:-) Sorry to hear your weekend was such a hard one...I laughed at your ummmm...Serenity Prayer! hehe Hopefully you'll have better days from now on! I've always loved how the natives are one with the earth and can find such soothing from it! xox

July 17, 2007 at 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the reason I love to go barefoot. I never put on shoes unless I have to. Love Hugs and Blessings

July 24, 2007 at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home