Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday Update

The last few days have been really hectic. My mom is back in the hospital again. You might remember that she had a heart attack in February and had a stint put in. Since then she really has not improved a whole lot as far as being pain free and retaining her energy level. She has been back and forth several times for testing and finally this week they put her back in the hospital. Yesterday they ran a cath to her heart and put in another stint. That went well and we thought she would come home today, but this morning her blood pressure dropped dangerously low, so they hooked her back up to an IV and told her she would be remaining at lest one more day. Thankfully her pressure returned to a somewhat normal level and as if this evening she was feeling better although a bit pale. I spent yesterday and last night with her and stayed until about 7 tonight. I took off work yesterday and I need to work tomorrow, after that I will be on vacation. My sister is staying with her tonight. Sis is a nurse and really needed to be at work herself (she works in a DR. office), but she missed again today to be up at the hospital. It looks like she will miss tomorrow too. She is suppose to be leaving a week from today to fly to Jamaica to get married. Hopefully mom will recover quickly and everyone can relax and have a good week next week.
I'm really tired and sore after spending the night on the narrow little couch in the room. To top it off the TV in her room is haunted. Yep you read it right. It is haunted...
It must be. Either that or it is programed by idiots. Because once an hour. EVERY hour. the damn thing turned on and prompt me to complete a survey. Now I don't know about you, but I can not sleep with any type of light on in a room, even the one caused by the TV. I was so pissed. There is no way I am going to get up and fill out a survey on the TV in the MIDDLE OF THE DAMN NIGHT! What kind of crazy person set that up. The morning nurse told me it would continue to turn itself on, or change from the channel you are watching to the survey until someone took the time to fill it out. Then on top of that they had my mom's bed set with an alarm that went off if she tired to sit up and get out of bed. I told her not to get up, that she had to call the nurse, but she is stubborn and got up anyway THREE times during the night setting off the alarm and waking me up. Of course the nurses came running, and turned on all the lights, waited for mom to pee and then reset the alarm.
Oh and I can't forget to mention that they came in at 3:30 to take her blood.
So between the TV, the alarm and the nurses I think it is safe to say. I DID NOT GET ANY SLEEP LAST NIGHT!!
Anyway I am over tired and I'm going to head to bed soon.
Sorry I missed my weekly ABC Wednesday post. I do have a Sky Watch Friday photo because just as I got home tonight a bad storm came in. I will be posting it and then I am going to get some sleep.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger laoi gaul~williams said...

i hope your mum is better~my dad had a heart attack in his 50's so know what a difficult time it is.

June 21, 2008 at 7:54 AM  
Blogger Kim Campbell said...

I hope your mom is feeling better, too.

What a wonky hospital?!?!?

June 21, 2008 at 9:48 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I am praying for your mom!

I did not sleep very well last night. Something really spooked the dogs. They woke me up six separate times with their frantic barking. It did not help that I had watched "Psychic Kids" and the show about the Penn State students who study the paranormal.

June 24, 2008 at 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home